Jumpstarting™ Courses for Educators
Jumpstarting™ Word & Number Skills Online Course for Educators
An online dyslexia and dyscalculia course which offers a unique visual system to integrate into your existing programmes.
Our unique visual system provides an additional way to help students who are struggling to learn despite good quality teaching and resources.
Our system will help reduce stress, increase concentration, raise self-confidence and improve overall academic performance.
Once you add the Jumpstarting™ System into your teaching ‘toolbox’, you will see your students make surprisingly rapid and dramatic improvements.
What you will Learn with The Jumpstarting™ Word & Number Skills for Educators
By the end of this very practical programme you will learn about:
- The nature and symptoms of dyslexia and dyscalculia.
- The neuroscience behind how we learn to read and spell and what happens for children with dyslexia.
- Why a synthetic phonics programme simply does not suit some brains!
- Why some students struggle with handwriting and how to help them improve.
- A strengths-based coaching approach to cater for neurodiversity in the classroom.
- Processes for creating a calm and effective learning environment.
- Ways to coach struggling students to use their mental imagery more effectively for successful learning.
- And you will have the opportunity to share and discuss experiences with other professionals through our online Facebook community.
Module 1 – Underlying Essential Concepts
Module 2 – Mental Imagery and Learning
Module 3 – The Jumpstarting™ System for Spelling
Module 4 – The Jumpstarting™ System for Reading
Module 5 – The Jumpstarting™ System for Handwriting and Copying from the Board
Module 6 – The Jumpstarting™ System for Number Skills
Module 7 – Reaching the Harder to Reach
Module 8 – Implementation in the Classroom
Module 9 – What’s Next…?
Face-to-Face Training Courses
Jumpstarting™ Literacy and Numeracy:
Dyslexia and Dyscalculia Courses
This is an open course for Educators, which runs at St. Joseph’s National School, Rathwire, Co. Westmeath.
The course includes:
- 2 days live training (delivered two weeks apart).
- Access to The Jumpstarting™ Word and Number Skills Online Course for Educators. (Value €297 per person)
- In-class demonstrations of The Jumpstarting™ processes for spelling and learning multiplication facts.
- Course materials, lunch and refreshments.
Contact Sara Haboubi on +353 (0) 860775452 or email email@example.com to book.
What You Will Get from the Course:
Knowledge and tools to help students who are experiencing learning difficulties develop their mental imagery skills and become successful learners.
Who Should Do the Course?
- Primary Principals and Deputy Principals.
- Primary teachers, particularly those in Junior and Senior Infants.
- Primary and Secondary phases: SEN and Learning Support Staff.
- Tutors and educationalists with an interest in helping children and adults with dyslexia.
Get in touch with the
Jumpstarting™ Team here.
Any more questions please do not hesitate to get in touch here.